Friday, March 26, 2010

Lasagna for fussy eaters!

I hate to admit it but I’m the fussy eater in my family. Always have been and probably always will be. One of my goals is to try new foods this year. I haven’t yet, but the year has just begun right?

Here is my own recipe that I modified by omitting all the things I didn’t like from the recipe it was based on. I’ve made it this way for years and always get compliments on it. It’s your basic noodle, cheese, and meat sauce lasagna.

Lasagna

lasagna

1 package of lasagna noodles
1-2 lbs lean ground beef (depending on how much meat you like)
1 large block mozzarella cheese
1 medium jar Prego spaghetti sauce

Boil noodles in large pot. Brown ground beef in skillet then add spaghetti sauce and simmer. Salt and pepper to taste.  Meanwhile, slice cheese and set aside. Drain noodles and rinse in cold water. In large lasagna pan, add a layer of noodles so bottom of pan is covered. Spread a layer of meat on noodles and top with cheese. Repeat for as many layers as you want. I usually use 15 noodles and that gives me 3 layers. Cover with foil and bake in 350 oven for 20 –30 minutes.

Serves 6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...