Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Hard to believe but my baby is 16 today! Where did the years go? It’s all a blur – like a dream sequence of one photo in my memory blending into another and another.

One day she was tucked safely in my arms…

meshel 
Me and Shelby at 1 week old

and the next she’s preparing for her driver’s license and making plans for her future. She wants to be a Crime Scene Investigator and I know that she will be the best one there is!

shel
Shelby and her niece Hailie

Her smile and laugh are contagious and her kind and generous heart brings joy to those of us who have the privilege of knowing her.

shel1  
Shelby at Christmas – 2 yrs old

She is a true gift from God and I thank Him for her daily.shelby1
Shelby on large Muskoka chair in South River Ontario

She’s the best road trip partner there is! Who else would think to name all their fingers using road signs and states to kill the boredom? She had us in stitches all the way to South Carolina and back!

biltmore
Shelby at the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina

She’s always willing to help if anyone needs a hand and she’s the person to go to when you need some real muscle power.

She’s always calm and cool in a crisis and has a way of calming others around her and she has a natural ability to comfort people.

She’s having a Sweet 16 party tonight and I’m sure it will be a lot of fun and the weather is nice so we’re going to have a bonfire in the back yard too! I’ll try to take a lot of pictures and post some tomorrow.

I love you Shelby and I’m so proud to call you my Daughter. Happy Birthday!

shelbydeer

1 comment:

  1. Happy sweet 16th, Shelby. May every dream you have come true!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...