Saturday, April 9, 2011

Heidelberg and Beautiful Churches

Here are a few more photos of the road trip we took a while back.

We drove to Heidelberg, which is just a few miles out in the country past St. Jacobs. The countryside is full of Mennonite farms and the little town is very quaint with old stone buildings filled with history.
This building was built in 1860 and was one a stage coach stop. It's now a restaurant, tavern and motel. The restaurant specializes in Pennsylvania Dutch and Canadian cuisine.


Here's another brick home that sits beside the local variety store. It's very typical of the homes in that area. I love the old porch on the front!

Here are a few photos of churches that I found beautiful. They're all over the towns and countryside in Southern Ontario.














3 comments:

  1. Hi Connie,
    It's so nice to meet other bloggers from Ontario, and a prim lover as well! I came across you from my selling blog "The Keeping Room". I love going to St. Jacobs. It's about 3 hrs from where I live, so unfortunately, I don't go often.
    I'm so happy I found you and am now a follower,
    Have a great night,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie... Love the old churches especially the little one sitting amoung the trees..

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Have a great day!

    Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie!
    I've been missing you! Love the old churches especially, the windows are amazing!
    Hope your week is wonderful!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...