Friday, August 26, 2011

A little update

Just a quick note to let you all know that we didn't get a Tornado - it was just a bad thunderstorm. Thankfully, we didn't lose our power. I hope everyone along the east coast gets to safety and that Hurricane Irene isn't as bad as they predict it will be.

The other day Shelby, Miss Pearl and I went on a little road trip to drive  through our small Amish community not far from us and I took these photos. I was surprised at how quickly their community is growing. A few years ago there were only a few Amish families. Now they are everywhere out there and I'm so loving it! Shelby calls me an Amish Stalker....LOL. I'm just so intrigued with their lifestyle! I hope they will someday start  a great Farmer's Market up here like the one in St. Jacobs Ontario. I was always under the impression they were Mennonites but there was a write up in our local paper that says they are Amish.



I plan on going back this week and taking some more photos of the farmland and barns so I'll share those photos when I do. Until then....stay safe!





5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to more pictures, praying for everyone in the hurricane's path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie
    so glad you are safe~
    Wonderful photos~ you Amish stalker( giggles)
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie,
    I didn't realize that Amish were living in Canada...I must check into that.
    Very pretty photos you shared.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are all safe...look forward to more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat! We live about 20 miles from a small Amish community and my family and friends say the same about me... Amish stalker, lol! I am just so intrigued by them. I could sit and watch them for hours, hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...