Sunday, March 25, 2012

New toy for my Kitchen!


I have wanted one of these for a very long time but couldn't justify the $300+ cost of one, but.....Walmart had a sale! They were marked down to $196!  I was there the other day and put one in my cart, did all the rest of my shopping, and then put it back on the shelf just before I checked out - still didn't want to spend that much money on a mixer. I reasoned that my hands were still good enough for kneading dough and I have a wonderful hand-held mixer that I've been using for years. I really don't have the counter space, it's too much money...etc etc.

I went back to Walmart a few days later and there were only a handful left on the shelf and it looked like all the black ones (the color I wanted) were sold out but I just kept going past them and focused on the items I needed to pick up. 

Then, today I had a nap with Miss Pearl and a dream that I had the mixer and was loving it! When I woke up I was kicking myself for not getting it at that great price. So....I asked Shelby to run to town today (she has her driver's license now - that's pretty handy!) and pick one up for me. It. Was. The. Last. Black.One.

So I spent this afternoon rearranging my countertop so I could make room for it.

I think I'm in LOVE!

5 comments:

  1. Good evening, Connie,
    I think you are going to love her. I have one (in white) and use her for all kinds of goodies. We'll be looking forward to some recipe posts?!

    Take care ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! LOVE IT- guess you'll be baking up a storm!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it~ whip me up an old fashioned cake with it~ yummmy~
    enjoy the new toy~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Connie! I got a red one last month and I totally LOVE it! Too funny that you were dreaming about it, I've done that before. Glad there was one left for you. =]

    Happy Baking~

    ReplyDelete

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...